If you sign-up today, we’ll throw in not 1, not 2, but 3 guaranteed pounds you’ll lose in just one day! And if you’re one of the first 10 callers, we’ll also include a big deli sandwich or authentic burrito plus work gloves and a fancy dust mask. But wait there’s more! Your willingness to volunteer will be capped off with a very sound sleep – guaranteed! This exclusive offer will not last folks so act quickly.
So Mike and I signed up for this crazy project and deadline and we truly don’t expect anyone to trade in a relaxing day off for an evening of sore muscles and raw fingers. We’ve been at the other end and have had plenty of friends and family going through what we’re facing and we gave them a nice smile and said “Yea, have fun with that.” But, if you’re totally bored and love hard physical labor, I could use your help.
On my to-do list is:
- A massive amount of painting; walls, ceiling, doors, kitchen cabinets. I think I have Tom and Saundra signed up for that so I think I’m good.
- However if someone is handy with a scrubby sponge and some bleach, the cabinets need a good scrub before painting.
- I also have fun things like installing my mailbox. Which includes digging the hole and setting the post in concrete. Anyone feel like helping me with that?
- Or if you’re more of an indoor type I have a big cast-iron bathtub (that is currently residing in the kitchen) that is covered in epoxy and duct tape residue. Feel like scrubbing for a few hours?
- I have all the supplies and the tunes and the endless gratitude. Just let me know.
Oh yea, and just for kicks, I thought you’d like to see Mike’s to do list.
Did I mention we move-in in 2 weeks? (sigh)